Friday, September 3, 2010


Motorcycle Travels



Most people think that you should be afraid of motorcycles, that they are dangerous. My grandfather gave me my first ride when I was only five years old. I sat on the gas tank and down the street we went. Ever since then I can never get enough of them



That was the beginning of many fun and memorable travel adventures for my grandpa and me. We strapped sleeping bags and our tent to the sides of the bike and off we went. We always wore our helmets and Grandpa never drove too fast. Our adventures took us to state parks, camp grounds, and nature centers. We got where we going in one piece.



With the absence of a side car or other elaborate add-ons, Grandfather's Motorcycle was not ritzy. While the only feature for comfort was the back rest, it still provided a smooth ride with a spectacular view. Rainbows, hawks, buffalo and roadside attractions could all be seen with no doors to obstruct the view.



Everything seems more exciting on a motorcycle. Once, while driving west on I-80, heavy storm clouds appeared on the horizon. We donned our rain gear at the next rest stop, but the downpour was more than our raincoats could cope with.
More On

No comments:

Post a Comment